Thursday, June 30, 2016

North and Middle Caicos Exploration Day

Today we decided to take the ferry over to North Caicos so we could explore two other islands. The ferry ride was about 25 minutes and when we arrived on the islands we had a chance to see what the more isolated islands are like. We stopped at an island cooperative and I bought a bowl woven out of rope and then had cracked conch at Daniel's Cafe. It was yummy. While I waited for lunch we explored the beach and found amazing coral that had washed up on shore. I so wanted to keep a piece but the islands ask that nothing leaves the island so I respected that. I did take a picture! We found a spot for lunch and after eating we swam and snorkeled at our own private beach. We saw a huge barracuda while snorkeling! Wow! Then we headed back to Provo on the ferry. These islands were beautiful and it was a great adventure! 
My brain coral rock!

Private beach!
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment