Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Geocaching in Pensacola

This morning I explored Pensacola on a Geocaching Tour. Geocaching is best described as a treasure hunt using GPS to find hidden treasures all over the world. There are currently over two million  geocaches hidden by geocachers. This Geotour was put together by Visit Pensacola, a group that encourages tourism in the city. The caches I found today highlighted the history of this old city, and it was fun to read the history and then look for the cache. In the picture below I am standing in front of High House, which is one of the oldest masonry homes in Florida. It was built between 1825-1830 by George Barkley and the home features bricks salvaged from British forts. The second picture shows the five flags of Florida and Pensacola Bay in the background. I love that caching takes me to so many unique places. You can learn more about geocaching at www.geocaching.com



No comments:

Post a Comment