Thursday, August 7, 2014

Almost Home

My trip has been a wonderful adventure that I know will influence my teaching for years to come. I am thankful to All Saints' for supporting my trip. It has been a grand adventure! Here are a few statistics  from my trip:

Number of miles travelled: approximately 5,627
Number of states: 11 (Arizona, Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Tennessee, Arkansas, Oklahoma, and New Mexico) 
State capitols: 7 (Phoenix, Austin, Tallahassee, Atlanta, Montgomery, Little Rock, Santa Fe)
Number of museums visited: 17
Number of parks visited: 27
Number of geocaches found: 120
Worst traffic: Atlanta
Cheapest gas: 3.08
Best surprise stop: Ponce De Leon State Park
Regional foods: collard greens, fried chicken, grits, hush puppies, fried green tomatoes, fried catfish, beignets, chicory coffee, fried okra, bar b que ribs and turkey, fried pickles, coleslaw, gumbo, fried oyster po' boy, pralines, fried crawfish, grilled shrimp, popcorn shrimp, peach cobbler, crawfish étouffée, chille rellano, green chille breakfast burrito
Favorite memory: getting a secret visit into Dr. King's office

Thanks everyone for following along on this blog! I'm happy to be back home in Arizona, my desert home. 



No comments:

Post a Comment