Friday, August 1, 2014

Graceland in Memphis, Tennessee

This afternoon I visited Elvis Presley's home in Memphis, Graceland. Elvis was a singer, actor, and musician who is often called "the King of Rock and Roll". Elvis and his extended family lived in the house from 1957 until his death on August 16, 1977.   I was able to tour the bottom floor of the house and some of the nearby buildings including the meditation garden where Elvis and his parents and grandmother are buried. My favorite room in the house was the jungle room because it was so unique with its green shag carpet and tiki motif. I also enjoyed seeing all of the gold records and awards in the trophy room which once was the racquetball court. It was fun to learn more about Elvis and hear his music playing throughout the tour. I was surprised to hear about all the charitable donations Elvis made throughout his life, and it was actually wonderful to see all of his gold and platinum records. I'm happy to say that I have been to Graceland. 




No comments:

Post a Comment